There are so many tasty options for vegan party snacks these days that you will be hard-pressed for ideas of what to woo your guests with!
We wanted to make your vegan party preparation as easy as possible which is why we chose the best recipes to share.
All of the following 11 vegan snack options are easy to create, highly nutritious as well as delicious.
Let’s kick-off our list with Edamame.
1. Edamame (with Sea Salt)
Edamame refers to the immature soybeans that are still in the bean pods and is an excellent source of high-quality plant proteins, with one cup of edamame providing as much as 17g of proteins and less than 200 calories.
For your guests to enjoy this nutritional vegan snack, boil or steam the pods. You can thaw them in the microwave too for quickness. For extra flavor, sprinkle a little sea salt or some soy sauce over the warm pods.
Edamame is enjoyed by chewing the soybeans with the pod on, gently.
2. Crackers and Guacamole
Guacamole is one of the best and also the most popular kind of dip that could be served as one of your vegan party snacks.
Guacamole is also the perfect vegan dip since it’s made of everything tasty and nutritious, and plant-based. Avocado, garlic, onion, and some lime juice are the basic ingredients of guacamole, meaning that guacamole is your go-to nutritious and healthy party dip.
Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats, potassium, and fibers – all great ingredients that promote good health of the cardiovascular system.
In addition to the nutritional value of guacamole, you also get to tweak the ingredients to match your taste buds – you could add salt or sugar.
For the crackers, there are numerous vegan-friendly and gluten-free options in stores all over. Crackers pair with guacamole perfectly.
3. Cheesy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
It has all the taste and then some – and without the dairy which will be way lower in calories for you also, without minimizing the taste.
With Spinach dip being pretty filling, take a look at what to scoop up the goodness with;
- Pita chips
- Crackers – Unsalted is best since there’s enough flavor in the dip.
- Chunks of bread
- Tortilla chips
- Crudites; Sliced carrot, Cucumber, Zucchini
4. Roasted Chickpeas
Also called garbanzo beans, these spherical, roasted yellowish legumes are not only 100% vegan, but they are also quite healthy, with a high protein and folates profile. The roasted chickpeas are also high in copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
The best bit is that roasted chickpeas are very easy to make since you only need to toss them in the oven with some seasoning and olive oil.
5. The Ultimate Vegan Party Platter.
This platter will be made of everything vegan, for different types of eaters, but without the meats and dairy products. To get you started, here are the essentials of your party platter:
- Dips – for dips, you are looking at guacamole, hummus, and queso,
- Crunchy – think tortilla chips for your queso, crackers for your hummus, as well as carrots or celery for that refreshing crunch.
- Fruits – you cannot go wrong with fruits on your platter. In fact, a vegan platter is incomplete without fruits. So, throw in some dried apricots, blueberries, grapes, and apples.
- Fatty Source – for fatty vegan goodness, you are looking at some homemade chive cheese balls, vegan cheddar cheese cut in cubes, olives, and almonds.
- Veggies – your vegan friends will thank you for going the extra mile. For a beautiful veggie platter, you could try the rainbow salad platter with some purple cabbage, tomatoes, corn, spiralized cucumbers, carrots, and radishes.
Your other vegan platter options would include a platter of green tortilla chips with avocado, cucumber, carrots, some rice zucchini rolls, yellow pepper, and some sauce, plus some salt/pepper to taste.
Bruschetta is a great addition to a vegan gathering because not only is it a dish you can prepare way ahead of time, but it also keeps its freshness. You can re-heat any left-overs the next day even under the broiler!
- 1 French baguette
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper.
- Slice the French baguette about 3/4 inches thick and place on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes until just lightly brown.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture between slices, top with and broil for 5 minutes.
7. Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Recipe by Jessica in The Kitchen This is a deliciously tasty vegan alternative to the chicken variety and it doesn’t have to be reserved only for Super Bowl Sunday! Check out the recipe Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
8. Hummus and Crudites
Hummus has to be one of the all-time fave’s at any party and there are so many variations to this vegan party snack!
Serve it with a platter of fresh vegetables; Carrot, cauliflower florets, celery sticks, radish, asparagus, or whatever your taste is. These are generally easy to dip with and will keep their freshness longer too. Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for the following day too!
Hummus and pita go hand-in-hand if you want more of a fulfilling appetizer. To make this dish in 20 minutes or less, you will need a food processor to get a nice blend of the ingredients. Let’s look at what ingredients you will need;
- 2 cups of chickpeas (we used tinned, but you can use fresh if you’d prefer. Just remember to soak them overnight).
- 2/3 Cup Tahini.
- 4 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 – 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- water from the chickpea juice (use as much/little as you prefer).
- 3 Tbsp. (divided olive oil
- Puree chickpeas, tahini, oil, lemon & garlic.
- Season with salt & pepper & a pinch of paprika.
- Add reserved chickpea liquid.
- Scoop into a medium-sized bowl and drizzle a little of the olive oil and paprika on top for garnish.
Want some more variations of the classic version? Check out these options;
9. CRISPY TOFU WITH SWEET CHILI SAUCE
10. Fruit and Veggie Smoothie
If you are having a small, intimate party and wish to keep your vegan friends happy with healthy and filling vegan drinks, then the vegan smoothies (fruit and veggie) is one snack idea you cannot go wrong with. Smoothies are on-the-go snacks.
Your other options include:
- No-bake cookie butter bars
- Roasted balsamic carrot hummus
- Nut-stuffed date chocolates
- Cinnamon ginger bites
- Crispy cauliflower nuggets
- Peanut butter/ banana protein bars
- Vegan cheese and apple tartlets
- Cheese and onion rolls