We know how important it is to get the best vitamins for vegans for optimal health.
Here we will share our opinions and experience on some of the best vitamins for vegans if you are either making the transition to veganism, or you are just seeking information.
These vitamins are all plant-based, free of animal ingredients that you often find in vitamin capsules (such as bovine gelatin), and will help you feel your best each day.
Feeling good on a vegan diet is all about making sure that you are not only getting your nutrients firstly from your meal-planning but with the necessary supplements to compliment that.
So, don’t take the chance. Come check out these awesome vitamins and get ready to feel your best, inside and out.
What nutrients should vegans look for in a multivitamin?
Living a plant-based lifestyle is great, but there are some nutrients you cannot get from plants, according to this Healthline article. These nutrients include:
- Iron– Heme iron especially is often lacking in vegans. Heme iron is absorbed better than non-heme iron, which we find in plant-based products and foods. Heme iron is important because it boosts your absorption of non-heme iron when you do eat those plant-based foods.
- DHA– This is an essential Omega 3 Fatty Acid, and you must have it for optimal brain function and mental health. It’s especially important for vegan women who are pregnant to get enough DHA, as it could have an effect on the brain development of the fetus.
- Vitamin D3– Vitamin D3 is found in foods like egg yolks and milk, which are off-limits for vegans. Our bodies need this for healthy bones and heart health, among other things. This type of Vitamin D as Cholecalciferol and is better at raising blood levels of Vitamin D compared to plant-based forms of the nutrient.
- Vitamin B12– This is a nutrient we find exclusively in animal products like eggs, fish, dairy, and meats. This helps develop red blood cells, keep nerves healthy, and the brain functioning optimally. Lack of this vitamin can result in fatigue, impaired function of the brain, anemia, and there are also links to Alzheimer’s and heart disease.
What to look for when choosing a vegan multivitamin?
There are a few things to look for when you shop for a vegan multivitamin. Consider the following:
Make sure there’s none of the animal product known as gelatin in the multivitamin you want. Remember, gelatin is derived from animal bones- no thanks. Opt for a multivitamin that has entirely plant-based ingredients.
And rest assured, they will be easy for you to swallow!
The vitamins most vegans are deficient in
See our list above for some insight on this matter- the heavy hitters are vitamin B12, DHA, Vitamin D3, and iron. Other nutrients vegans need include zinc and magnesium.
Vitamins made responsibly
The vitamins we’ve showcased today are all made responsibly, and the owners of the brand indicate that they care about knowing how their product is made.
They audit on three separate levels, as evidenced by their About page, which is a stronger quality control process than other manufacturers.
The vitamins are also tested for quality control by a third-party auditing service, and you can view the results right on Future Kind’s website.
Best Vegan Multivitamins
These vitamins help support your good health, ensure you are getting all your nutrients, and, best of all, are plant-based and good for the planet.
The Essential Multivitamin
This is a vitamin crafted just for vegans. It fights off the most common deficiencies that vegans face, including Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
This is good news, considering that 20% of the population of the United States is deficient when it comes to Vitamin B12. Meanwhile, vegans face this problem at a number much higher: 92%.
After all, vitamin B12 comes from animal stomachs (no thanks) or dirt (definitely no thanks), and given that vegans don’t eat such items, we have to get it somewhere!
Meanwhile, we need Vitamin D for healthy and strong bones, and Omega-3 fatty acids to promote good brain health and function.
All you need each day are two of these great vegan softgels, and you can feel the benefits.
For starters, your focus will improve. Research shows that Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for memory and flexibility of your mind. Vitamin B12 is also helpful for our cognition, says science.
Next, you will enjoy healthier bones. Vitamin D is necessary for good bone health because it aids in phosphorus and calcium absorption.
Eye health is another reason vegans should consider this great multivitamin. Omega-3 is great for the maintenance of eye lubrication. Since most of us are working from home on computers all day, we have to do what we can to protect our eyes.
Lastly, this multivitamin promotes a healthy immune system. With everything going on in the world today, good health is necessary to provide a sense of security for ourselves and our loved ones. B12, D3, and Omega-3 are awesome for your immune system.
Getting your Omega-3’s as a vegan was the hardest darn thing for a while. Sure, you could eat flaxseeds, but who wants to eat those every single day? You can only have so many flaxseeds blended into your smoothies before you start to feel a bit… seedy.
All jokes aside, this stuff is an awesome way to get that necessary nutrient. Omega 3’s are necessary so that we may support our joint health, boost our mood, and keep cognitive health in check.
Omega-3 fatty acids are so important for our body, and over 90% of the world just isn’t getting enough. And even if you DID eat those flaxseeds like a madman, you would only be getting one type of the vitamin, which is the ALA type.
You still need EPA and DHA Omega-3’s. The latter ones here you can get from fatty fish, but that’s risky and not our style.
However, we are going to take a cue from those fish and provide you with an Omega-3 supplement that is made from algae. Fish get their Omega-3 from algae, so we decided to take a cue from our finned friends.
A Plant-Based Source
This is great because we are getting it from the original source, eliminating the need to harm fish or ingest pollutants.
And the vitamins at Future Kind are awesome because they contain higher levels of EPA and DHA Omega-3’s. Here’s a glimpse at the supplement facts:
- 500mg Algal Oil
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids 275 mg
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids 20mg
- EPA 75mg
- DHA 150mg
Aside from all that greatness packed into one vitamin, you will also love how these smell.
They contain a nice peppermint smell that makes it so much easier to take every day without effort.
Vitamins That Help Reduce Stress
Okay, so the first thing we loved about this is that it’s called Super Vegan, which makes us want to put on capes and rescue people from the dangers of eating processed and planet-wrecking foods.
But seriously, if you’re gonna be a superhero, you need to be upon your nutrition and keeping stress to a minimum. Super Vegan multivitamins can absolutely help you do that. But how?
For starters, this vitamin helps you lower your mental and physical fatigue, helps your stress levels come down, and helps you improve your mood. The secret is in its three main ingredients, which are ashwagandha, lemon balm, and Rhodiola.
Ashwagandha is a hot commodity right now; it is perhaps the most famous of all the Ayurvedic herbs and has been studied and used for hundreds of years thanks to its ability to positively affect stress and power output (such as when running).
Rhodiola is another great herb that helps fight burnout. Lemon balm helps induce a sense of calmness.
Granted, this is not a magic pill. You have to use this in conjunction with a healthy diet, getting adequate sleep, and getting regular exercise to the best of your ability. It doesn’t hurt to practice stress-busting techniques and take time for yourself, either.
What’s in It?
Let’s take a peek at the ingredients contained within.
- Organic lemon balm leaves: These leaves are organic and complement the other two herbs in the blend. Its purpose is to help you feel calm.
- Rhodiola Root extract- This is an anti-fatigue herb and helps improve your mood, focus, and stress. It also promotes faster recovery and greater endurance during exercise.
- KSM-66 Organic Vegan Ashwagandha- this is a full spectrum extract that has the highest concentration of all Ashwagandha roots on the market.
Just one capsule a day with these great ingredients and you will be feeling better in no time.
Vitamins That Promote Great Sleep
Having trouble sleeping at night? Stresses of family, work, the global pandemic, or something else keeping you up? If that is the case, consider taking a look at this great supplement from Future Kind.
This vitamin helps you wake up feeling energized, helps you fall asleep quickly, and allows you to enjoy a deeper sleep.
This vitamin, called Vegan Sleep, is non-habit forming and won’t leave you feeling like you got hit by a bus when you get up the next day. Instead, this is an all-natural alternative that uses natural ingredients to get you the sleep you want.
The blend uses a total of 8 ingredients that take care of you from the stage of actually falling asleep, enjoying quality sleep, and help you wake up to feel refreshed and ready for the new day.
Here’s what you get in this blend:
- Melatonin- This is something our bodies create naturally when it gets dark. However, screen time can have an impact on our bodies’ production of melatonin. This is a non-addictive sleep aid.
- Hops- Hops, which we normally think of when we think about beer, can be a sedative. So you can have one of the benefits of unwinding with a beer, no alcohol necessary!
- Lemon Balm Leaf- This stuff is known to induce a calming effect on its users.
- Passion Flower Herb- When used with valerian, another ingredient in this blend, improvements in how long it takes you to fall asleep, total sleep time, and awakenings in the night take place.
- Chamomile- This stuff not only makes a great tea, but it is also a way to calm down, relax, and induce sleep the natural way.
- Valerian Root- This is the second most researched sleep aid next to melatonin. It helps you lower the amount of time needed to fall asleep and improves your sleep quality, too.
- 5-HTP- This stuff is made from the seed known as Griffonia simplicifolia. It gets converted to serotonin whilst in the brain. Serotonin is just one of the neurotransmitters needed to promote a healthy mood and happiness.
The granddaddy of all the vitamins that promote good health! And, it’s offered here, to you, from the awesome people at Future Kind. This stuff helps promote your production of collagen (hello youthful skin!), is a powerful antioxidant, and is, of course, great for the immune system.
Just what is Vitamin C, anyway? Well, it’s necessary for good immune system health. Vegans get it mostly through fruit, such as kale, kiwi, and oranges. But if you live in a place where foods like this are not readily accessible or are not in season, it can be tough to get what you need.
And even if you did get those fruits, up to half of a vitamin C dose can be lost, which begs the need for even higher doses of the supplement.
So, what’s the solution to avoid getting scurvy and feeling your best? Non-GMO liposomal vitamin C, crafted from ascorbic acid, that’s what! Thanks to the wonders of liposomal tech, Future Kind has created a way to get you more vitamin C using a small dose.
The formula of their Vitamin C is designed to have maximum impact, and this means the ingredients HAVE to be stuff you just can’t get anywhere else. This is where the Non-GMO Liposomal Vitamin C comes in.
The liposomal technology is great because it is used to release, transport, and protect Vitamin C into the body with better efficacy. The non-GMO ascorbic acid is absorbed a lot better, and this makes the Future Kind formula that much better compared to other supplements on the market!
You get 1000mg of Vitamin C per dose, and each bottle contains 30 servings of the vitamin.
Iodine helps you do many things, such as improves your immune system function, promotes the health of your thyroid, and even boosts your metabolism. It is only found in just a few of the foods we eat and is, of course, necessary for thyroid health.
It is also necessary for the production of energy, heart health, and even the health of our skin. People who do not eat a lot of processed food that contains iodized salt or seafood are at risk for not getting enough.
Research shows that 90% of vegans and vegetarians do not get enough of this nutrient!
Thankfully, Future Kind’s supplement has all you need to feel great and get your daily recommended amount. There are no gas or alcohol solvents used when making the supplement. It’s just glycerin and water!
So, what are the benefits of taking iodine?
- Better weight management – helps to ensure metabolism is functioning on a regular basis, using food as energy instead of storing it in the form of fat.
- Better Hair – Thyroid hormones are necessary for the growth of hair, and if you have appropriate iodine levels, you may very well be on your way to healthier and fuller hair.
- Skin health – Iodine aids in the regeneration of skin cells, which helps us all look and feel healthy. Proper levels of iodine are also helpful for the body in regulating sweat, which keeps the skin soft and hydrated.
- Body temp – Are you cold all the time? Iodine helps keep your body heat in check. If you have healthy thyroid hormones, you will have an easier time keeping comfortable in cooler weather.
- And that’s not all – there’s plenty more to love about the iodine supplement offered by Future Kind. Take a look;
Iron is so important when it comes to fighting anemia. This particular supplement gets you higher levels of energy, greater vitamin C, and it is the most bioavailable blend out there on the market. The vitamin C in the blend even comes from acerola cherry- awesome and natural.
It is estimated that up to 30% of people around the world are deficient in iron, especially women who are on their periods. You can certainly get iron from foods like legumes, spinach, and nuts, but it is hard to get enough at times.
This is where the Future Kind iron supplement comes in. While most iron breaks apart in the GI tract, which in turn lowers the amount that is absorbed, this blend created by Future Kind is far superior. It uses a chelated, NON-GMO form of iron known as ferrous bisglycinate.
The proprietary name for this is Ferrochel. When combined with the acerola cherry, the end result is a product that absorbs better than other iron supplements.
You need this! It’s necessary for good immune system health, as this blend contains not only iron but also vitamin C. It may help you reduce stress, too. Iron is also important for our energy levels.
Iron is the carrier of oxygen to our muscles and the brain and is necessary so that we can enjoy effective workdays, workouts, and better relaxation.
This blend is formulated to offer users the best of the best when it comes to iron. It’s got things you won’t find with other brands.
The two ingredients of this blend are, of course, the Ferrochel, which is much more easily absorbed than other varieties of iron, and Whole Food Vitamin C derived from the acerola cherry. It’s a fruit source, and the vitamin C maximizes your iron absorption.
Why do we need magnesium? Here are three reasons:
- Helps regulate the function of muscles
- Boosts your energy
- Helps you get better sleep
Magnesium is a mineral that we find in the soil. A lot of the soil around the world lacks in nutrients, so getting enough of this mineral can be a real challenge.
50% of all Americans don’t get enough of this, and the end result is lowered quality of sleep, anxiety on occasion, and negative impact on muscle function and energy.
The solution? Take the right supplement! The Future Kind form is the most bioavailable and is thus absorbed a lot better before entering the colon. This prevents laxative effects as you sometimes get with other brands.
Future Kind’s Kind of Magnesium
The secret is Future Kind’s magnesium glycinate, which gets absorbed two times better than magnesium carbonate and three times better than magnesium sulfate. It’s also 6 times better than magnesium oxide!
This form of magnesium is also great for the body’s retention of the mineral in the body, which helps your body become used to it and avoid the laxative side effect that some folks experience with other brands.
In this great supplement, it takes just three ingredients to get you all the benefits: A plant-based capsule that is timed to control the release of magnesium, organic rice bran hull powder, which contains antioxidants and is digestible in the GI tract, and of course that great Chelated Magnesium Glycinate.
If you’re ready to feel your best and do it in a plant-based way, Future Kind is the way to go.
Eat a balanced diet with all the amazing vegan options you have available, but also make sure you are covering all of your essential nutrients that your body needs. We take supplements ourselves whilst ensuring our meals are highly nutritious also. The brands we recommend are the brands we use ourselves and personally recommend.
You will certainly find whatever it is you need when you browse the offerings of Future Kind. Whether you’re seeking better sleep, nutrients you lack, or just to stress less, they can help.
Go check out their products today, and consider subscribing to your favorite vitamin to save money. Good luck, be healthy, and stay safe!